Muffin Santa Hats
Christmas is just around the corner and that means its party season! From catch up with friends to work morning teas and of course the big day, we’ve got you covered for impressive (and easy) Christmas treats!
These clever baking hacks will help save you time, but also allow you to get creative in the kitchen and create some super cute festive treats for your next party or family get together.
Just look at these mini Santa hats! We’ve used out double chocolate muffins as a base and topped with icing and chocolate buttons. These are perfect to do with the kids; they’ll love squeezing the icing out and seeing the bright red colour!
What you’ll need:
- 1 pack of Great Temptations Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- A tub of vanilla frosting
- Red food colouring
- Piping bag OR zip lock bag
- White chocolate buttons
- Put the 6 muffins on a plate. Set aside
- Scoop half the tub of vanilla frosting into a bowl. Mix a few drops of red food colouring in. Keep adding drops and stirring until the mixture is a deep red. Keep the rest of the frosting aside for now.
- Use a piping bag or zip lock bag and spoon the frosting mixture in. Cut 1cm off the corner of the bag ready for piping.
- Hold the cupcake and pipe the red frosting on top. You can pipe the frosting in layers to make it taller like a Santa Hat. Make sure to keep an edge towards the patty pan.
- Mix some white frosting in a bowl to a smooth consistency. Put this into a piping bag or zip lock bag. Cut 1cm off the corner of the bag ready for piping.
- Pipe a white rim underneath the red frosting to create the white fluffy part of the ‘Hat’.
- Pop a white chocolate button on top.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.
If you'd like to be the first to know about our latest recipe ideas, new products and discounts, sign up to our newsletter today!